Introduction to Sushi
This class will be taught by Chef Richard Lee. Learn more about Chef Lee.
1. Learn the basic/tools ingredients and tools that go into creating different types of makimono (rolls) and sushi
2. Learn the steps in preparing to make #1
3. Fish and seafood basics, what to look for when purchasing and preparing fish
4. Making, cooling and storing sushi rice
5. Rolling/cutting makimono
In order to ensure a quality experience, this class is limited to 10 participants.
Date: May 24th
Time: 6:30-8:30 PM
1. Tekka maki - tuna roll
2. Spicy tuna roll - cucumber, avocado, jalapeno, tuna, togarashi shichimi (Japanese 7 spice)
3. California roll - cucumber, avocado, gulf lump crab, chives, lemon juice, lemon zest
4. Ocean trout roll - cucumber, cilantro, ocean trout, shallots, lime kosho (spicy citrus pepper paste)
5. Nigiri sushi for the class
6. Ginger, wasabi